Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thats what im talkin about

Here is a great article that was sent to me from a training client. I was just thinking yesterday about "getting it in". Don't get excited yet I am talking about exercise.

For those out there that aren't getting their workouts in, DO SOMETHING! I know life can be crazy and we aren't machines (yet) but sometimes just doing something is better than nothing.

When I am short on time or I am working a 12-15hr day I don't have the time or energy to get in a 2hr endurance/core workout (I am talking about Ironman training). So what I do is look at the time I have and GO! sometimes a 20-30min workout can feel like a 60 min workout when you are doing full body strength without rest. I like to use DB's, Kettle balls or a functional trainer and just do as much as I can with full body movements and large muscle groups as possible in the amount of time I have. This will get that heart rate up, keep it up and make your muscles scream for more (or less). Either way it's better than nothing and you will feel so much better about yourself afterwards.

Here is the article. Think about it!


http://www.torontosun.com/life/healthandfitness/2010/11/21/16259186.html

Have a great day

Paul
Its not about the goal. It's about how you get there!

1 comment:

  1. if I only have 30 minutes for cardio what do you suggest?

    ReplyDelete